Worker's Compensation

If you have been injured on the job, there are certain steps you need to take within a limited time period.

  • Get proper medical attention
  • Report to your supervisor as soon as possible
  • Fill out an "Employee Injury Statement"
  • Fax this statement to the Benefits office within 24 hours of your injury

The school district chooses to use NOWCare as our clinic of choice. It is located near Ridgedale, convenient to most of our schools. We encourage you to use that clinic for your medical needs, but you are free to use a doctor of your choice.

Make sure you alert the clinic that this is a Worker's Comp visit.

You will be contacted by a representative of Westfield Insurance, the company that handles all of our Worker's Comp claims.

It is your responsibility to forward all paperwork to the Benefits office. If you miss work due to your injury, you must have a doctor's note in order to be reimbursed for your time off work.


Accident Investigation Form (doc, 166 KB)

Please fill this out so we can better monitor accidents as they occur in the district

When injured - Where to go? (pdf, 174 KB)

A listing of preferred medical providers for you to see when injured.

MN Department of Labor Information (pdf, 176 KB)

Information from the Minnesota Department of Labor regarding Worker's Compensation

Employee Injury Statement (pdf, 44 KB)

This form must be filled out and returned to the Benefits office within 24 hours of your injury.