Welcome to Student Nutrition Services

Transforming nutrition for our scholars, one delicious dish at a time.

At Hopkins, we believe introducing children to a variety of foods early in life will broaden their taste palettes, allowing them to develop a healthier diet. Our schools have full kitchens where our cooks can prepare meals from scratch. We partner with local farmers to bring fresh foods to our scholar's tables.

Both breakfast and lunch programs are available at all schools. Meals served in our cafeterias must meet Department of Agriculture guidelines.

A variety of services are offered under the guidance of the nutrition department. Breakfast and lunch programs, a restaurant quality menu, a la carte lines, a catering and concessions service, and student wellness/education resources represent the major services.

Make Online Payment for
Meal Accounts

*Go to the Message Center and select the Food Service tab

Woman wearing apron uses tongs to grab tomatos from food trays.

Complete a Special Diet Statement Form

Hopkins Student Nutrition Services is happy to work with students who need meal substitutions on a case-by-case basis. Caretaker requests must be supported by a written medical statement from a state licensed healthcare professional. Medical Statements can be retrieved directly from Hopkins Student Nutrition Services, School Nurses, or Kitchen Supervisors.

Download the Special Diet Request Form

*If this PDF form is not compatible with your screen reader or other accessibility device, please contact 952-988-4060 or email Nutrition@HopkinsSchools.org.

How do I fill out a Special Diet Statement form?

Caretakers can use the following example to see a properly filled out form: Special Diet Statement Form Example

What do I do with it after it is filled out?

Once filled out by a caretaker, the form must be approved and signed by a state licensed healthcare professional. The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) only permits the following state licensed healthcare professionals to complete and sign a written medical statement for a disability: licensed physicians, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners. After the form has been returned and signed by a state licensed healthcare professional, the caretaker can submit the form by emailing it to Molly Allison, MPH, RDN or mailing it to Hopkins Student Nutrition Services.

What if my child does not have a disability but I still want to request a diet accommodation due to religious, philosophical, or ethical reasons?

Nutrition Services offers a variety of meal choices, including vegetarian options, in order to accommodate student preferences.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.