We are proud of our outstanding Parent Teacher Organization that supports our teachers and our school. Their web page with information about meetings and other activities is linked below.
In addition, we have a comprehensive Family Handbook that contains important information about our school, including several policies and procedures with which you will want to become familiar. To make Tanglen a safe, stimulating, and welcoming place for children and adults, we ask the cooperation of each and every member of our school community. Please review appropriate sections of this handbook with your child.
Information on the following topics can be found by downloading the Tanglen handbook, either in its entirety or in individual sections linked as pdf documents below.
- Hopkins School District 270 & Tanglen Elementary School Mission Statements
- Tanglen Pledge
- Tanglen Behavior Standards
- Tanglen Behavior Policy
- Attendance Philosophy and Procedures
- Challenge Services at Tanglen
- Homework Philosophy
- Other General Information (including Drill Procedures, Birthdays, Class Divisions, Conferences, Data Privacy, Dress Code, Health Services, Line of Communication, Lost & Found, Lunch Program, Office Hours, Open Enrollment, Parking, Phone Use, Playground Policy Under Inclement Weather, Pledge of Allegiance, Property Losses and/or Damage, Questions, Concerns & Comments, School Closings, School Store, Sending Money to School, Snacks, Testing, Vacations, Visitors)