Policy reflects Minnesota statute and aligns with other District 270 policies.
It is the intent of the Board of Education to allocate staff in a manner that will be educationally sound, instructionally appropriate, and fiscally responsible. Conditions which impact class size decisions include:
• Classroom, facility, or supply constraints
• Funding and financial crises
• Availability of licensed staff
• Curriculum and instructional considerations
• Student enrollment and demographics
The superintendent, or designee, shall keep the School Board informed of elementary and secondary class size and learner/teacher ratio through semi-annual reports.
Adopted: May 5, 1988
Revised: November 21, 1996; June 21, 2001, January 8, 2009, October 1, 2015
Reviewed: September 29, 2011