Healthy in Hopkins
There are easy steps we can all take to maintain health and safety in our buildings.
UPDATED 8/18/2021: On Aug. 17, the Hopkins School Board approved our 2021-22 School Safety Plan. Starting Aug. 18, all K-12+ students and all staff, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear face masks in indoor spaces.
Step One: Complete Your Daily Health Screening
Everyone entering a Hopkins Public School building (students, staff, or visitors) is required to complete a self-check for symptoms before coming to school using our Daily Symptom Checklist. Parents, please go through this screening before the school day. The Daily Symptom Checklist is also available in Spanish, Somali, and Hmong.
Step Two: Practice the Four W's
Hopkins students and staff will be asked to practice the Four W's while on the bus and at school:
Step Three: Be Prepared
- All K-12+ students and staff, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear face masks in indoor spaces.
- Mask are required on school buses for all people ages 2 and older regardless of vaccination status (this is a federal requirement).
- Students should bring 3 clean face masks each day.
- Reporting an absence is important. Please report student absences to your school’s attendance office.
- Get vaccinated when you are eligible: Because vaccines are the strongest tool in our toolkit to end COVID-19, we respectfully encourage all families to get eligible family members vaccinated. Learn more about how to access free vaccinations.
- Get tested regularly. All unvaccinated members of your household should consider testing for COVID-19 every two weeks. You can order a test to have at home or find a list of in-person testing sites. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are vaccinated, it is still recommended that you test.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Testing for Hopkins Scholars
While supplies last, Hopkins Schools will offer weekly COVID-19 testing for all scholars and staff, beginning Monday, Sept. 13. Those interested can pick up at-home Vault testing kits on Mondays from the school main office. The completed tests need to be returned to the school nurse by noon on Tuesday for mailing. Vault’s COVID-19 at home testing instructions can be found here. Vault will email results to the participant within 48 to 72 hours. In addition, families and staff may order free home testing kits from this MDH program. It is highly recommend to have at-home test kits on hand.
Please note that the Health Resources are included as downloadable PDFs. If you require screen reader accessible versions of any of these documents, please contact the Communications team at Jolene.Goldade@