Healthy in Hopkins
There are easy steps we can all take to maintain health and safety in our buildings.
At the March 15 School Board Meeting, the Hopkins School Board unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Hopkins COVID-19 Mitigation Team to shift our district-wide masking policy for students and staff from requiring masks to strongly recommending masks. This change now includes all early childhood and preschool programs. Hopkins moved to masks strongly recommended in all buildings and on school buses Thursday, March 17. Learn more
Step One: Complete Your Daily Health Screening
Everyone entering a Hopkins Public School building (students, staff, or visitors) should complete a self-check for symptoms before coming to school using our CDC Daily Checker tool.
Step Two: Practice the Four W's
Hopkins students and staff will be asked to practice the Four W's while on the bus and at school:
Step Three: Be Prepared
- It is recommended, but not required, that all K-12+ students and staff, regardless of vaccination status, wear face masks in indoor spaces.
- Mask are recommended, but not required, on school buses for all people ages 2 and older
- Reporting an absence is important. Please report student absences to your school’s attendance office.
- Get vaccinated when you are eligible: Because vaccines are the strongest tool in our toolkit to end COVID-19, we respectfully encourage all families to get eligible family members vaccinated. Learn more about how to access free vaccinations.
- Get tested regularly. All unvaccinated members of your household should consider testing for COVID-19 every two weeks. You can order a test to have at home or find a list of in-person testing sites. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are vaccinated, it is still recommended that you test.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Testing for Hopkins Scholars
Hopkins Schools offers weekly COVID-19 testing for all scholars and staff. Those interested can pick up at-home Vault testing kits on Wednesdays from the school main office. The completed tests need to be returned to the school nurse by noon on Thursday for mailing. Vault’s COVID-19 at home testing instructions can be found here. Vault will email results to the participant within 48 to 72 hours. In addition, families and staff may order free home testing kits from this MDH program. It is highly recommend to have at-home test kits on hand.
Please note, any time you test because of a suspect close contact with a positive person, we need for the tested scholar to please stay home and for you to let us know. This request applies to all of scholars, even fully vaccinated ones.
Please note that the Health Resources are included as downloadable PDFs. If you require screen reader accessible versions of any of these documents, please contact the Communications team at Jolene.Goldade@