We are #HopkinsStrong. In times of crisis, Hopkins Public Schools consistently come together to benefit the greater good. We are pleased to announce that the Hopkins Education Foundation (HEF) has come through in a big way for our school district and has agreed to host a crowdsourcing campaign through May 15.
We are calling this campaign the #HopkinsStrong Relief Fund. All proceeds will go to Hopkins Schools to alleviate the budget impacts in Community Education, Early Childhood, and School Nutrition due to COVID-19. These donations will allow us to support frontline workers. While preventing layoffs has become unavoidable within the District, with your donation, Hopkins has the ability to increase opportunities for students and recall staff from layoffs.
There are only a few days left for us to hit our donation goal of $200,000. Every bit helps. We are very grateful to share that as of today we have raised $110,195 from a total of 504 donors. Over the weekend we met a $10,000 match (88 donors raised $12,155!) generously provided by an anonymous donor! We are over halfway to goal of $200,000. Together we can get there. You can contribute to the #HopkinsStrong Relief Fund online or through the mail. Here is how it works:
1. Online Donation: The #HopkinsStrong Relief Fund campaign will accept financial gifts online.
2. Mail Donation: You can also donate via mail by sending a check to: Hopkins Education Foundation, with “For #HopkinsStrong Campaign” written in the memo line. Send checks to: HEF, 1001 Highway 7, Suite 243, Hopkins, MN 55305. Any questions? Call the District Offices at 952-988-4000.
You can also contribute to the Relief Fund by ordering a #HopkinsStrong T-shirt and #Hopkinsstrong lawn sign. Learn more.
- Provide child care tuition assistance to help families in need and deliver child care to children of healthcare professionals and emergency workers;
- Deliver greater access to Distance Learning resources to support our parents and communities of English Learners;
- Extend mental health and wellness support for students and families;
- Advance community outreach and volunteer efforts.
We know not everyone is able to financially contribute at this time; COVID-19 has placed additional stress and strain on many.
Thank you, Hopkins staff, for banding together to help fight the unfortunate consequences of this global pandemic. We’re stronger together, and together we can get through this. We are #HopkinsStrong!