Spring Into Summer Parent Forum
March 22, 2014, 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Eisenhower Community Center
1001 Highway 7, Hopkins
-Parent Forum: 9:00-11:30 am
-Summer Programs Open House (youth summer opportunities):
11:30 am-12:30 pm
-Together We Read Book Discussion, 9:20-10:15 a.m.
Parents — come to the free spring Parent Forum and Camp Royal Open House! Find information about summer camps, programs, and activities. Participate in informative workshops on a wide variety of parenting topics. Join a discussion group around the 2014 “Together We Read” book selection, Foreign to Familiar: A Guide to Understanding Hot and Cold-Climate Cultures, by Sarah Lanier.
• Free childcare (registration required) will be provided by Hopkins Community Education Camp Royal and Hop-Kids staff.
• Free, CEU’s available.
• Free event, registration requested
Workshop Topics, 9:20-10:15 am
• Heart of Childhood: The development of the 9-10 year old child
• Parenting in a Digital Age: Teaching kids to use technology tools responsibly
• Healthy Legacy: Avoiding toxic products in the home
• Foreign to Familiar Book Discussion
Workshop Topics, 10:30-11:20 am
• 2013 MN Student Survey Results: What Hopkins students are telling us
• Proms, Grad Parties and Senior-itis, Oh My!: Parental guidance through the last year of high school
Hopkins Summer Programs Open House: 11:30-12:30
Explore awesome summer opportunities for youth entering grades pre-k-12 with camps and classes at Hopkins Camp Royal. Get your questions answered, speak with staff, and register your child for a summer of fun!
Questions: Contact Sara: Sara.Chovan@HopkinsSchools.org