Join us at Kids & Company, BLinK, or L.E.A.D. for Summer 2017.
Thursday, June 8 to Wednesday, August 23.
Summer Programming is for children
entering grades 1-8 next school year.
Your child's summer adventure includes:
Our summer program includes a weekly trip to an outdoor community pool, community service activities, clubs, special events, and a weekly field trip. Field trips vary by age. Summer also includes time for reading, arts and crafts, and time with friends.
We offer flexible scheduling for parents needing child-care either full time or for a minimum of 10 days throughout the summer. Register by April 15th to be guaranteed placement.
Kids & Company: Grades 1-4
We offer exciting and enriching summer programming, that allows your child to experience the fun that summer time brings. Enjoy a full calendar of special events, field trips, swimming days, clubs, and daily activities.
Grades 1-2: nature center, indoor park, or a play.
Grades 3-4: waterslide, tour event, or mini golf.
BLinK: Grades 5-6 (Building Leadership in Kids)
For our 5-6 graders, summer couldn’t be better! Join BLinK for challenge activities, open gym, rec room, service learning projects, swimming at the Junior High and St. Louis Park pools, and great field trips — all designed with the tween in mind! Transportation is available from Tanglen Elementary to WJH; cost is $5/day to a maximum of $150 for the entire summer.
L.E.A.D.: Grades 7-8 (Leadership, Enrichment, Academics and Dreams)
For our 7-8 graders, L.E.A.D. encourages leadership, making a difference with service learning, positive social interaction, all kinds of activities young teens enjoy, and most of all, fun! Field trips and daily events will be student-driven. Guaranteed FUN with challenge activities, open gym, service learning projects, swimming, and field trips. Transportation is available from Tanglen Elementary to WJH; cost is $5/day to a maximum of $150 for the entire summer.
2017 Summer Locations See Summer Calendars Here
- Eisenhower Elementary, phone # 952.988.4274 (Grades 1 - 4) 6/8 - 8/23, 6:30 am - 6:15 pm.
- Gatewood Elementary , phone # 952.988.5215 (Grades 1 - 4) 6/8 - 8/23, 6:30 am - 6:15 pm
- Tanglen Elementary, phone # 952.988.4913 (Grades 1 - 4) 6/8 - 8/23, 6:30 am - 6:15 pm
- West Junior High, phone # 952.988.4458 (BLinK Grades 5 - 6) 6/8 - 8/18, 6:30 am - 6:15 pm
- West Junior High , phone # 952.988.4770 (LEAD Grades 7 - 8) 6/8 - 8/18, 6:30 am - 6:15 pm
- North Junior High (grades 5 - 8) K & C EXTREME 8/21, 8/22, 8/23, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
K & C EXTREME rate is $55/day.
Summer Meals--the following schools will offer free breakfast and lunch during the summer:
- Eisenhower Elementary
- Gatewood Elementary
- West Junior High
- North Junior High
Meals at Tanglen Elementary will NOT be available for purchase. Students will need to bring a bag breakfast and/or lunch. Afternoon snack will be provided.
2017 Summer Rates
- 30 or more days is $38.50/day
- 20 - 29 days is $42.00/day
- 10 - 19 days is $48.00/day