Online registration for the 2019-20 school year opens Mon., Feb. 11, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
There will not be a lottery this year. In-district families have priority registration until Feb. 14 at 7:59 a.m. At 8:00 am on Feb 14, all out-of-district registrations will be processed on a space-available basis.
Plan now for 2019-20 preschool at Hopkins! Join us at our January Visit Us events!
2019 Stepping Stones 'Visit Us' Open House Dates
- Gatewood Elementary: Tuesday, Jan. 15, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
14900 Gatewood Drive, Minnetonka
- Meadowbrook Elementary: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 5:30-7 p.m.
5430 Glenwood Avenue, Golden Valley
- Tanglen Elementary: Thursday, Jan. 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m.10901 Hillside Lane, Minnetonka
About Stepping Stones Preschool
Engaging classrooms, nurturing teachers, discovery-based curriculum, social and school readiness development — all designed to ignite your child's love for learning and build a solid foundation for kindergarten and beyond. Stepping Stones is an unparalleled year-round, year-before-kindergarten preschool.
Open from 6:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at convenient west metro locations: Tanglen Elementary School in Minnetonka, Gatewood Elementary School in Minnetonka, and Meadowbrook Elementary School in Golden Valley. Children must be 4 years old as of September 1 to attend.
An exceptional preschool choice
- Our curriculum. Developmentally appropriate, our guided, discovery-based curriculum is inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach. The curriculum adapts to the interests of the children and allows them to plan, think, experiment, evaluate and amend their ideas.
- The environment. We boast creative, engaging classrooms and natural playgrounds that encourage exploring and inspire learning.
- Our well-trained teachers. Not only do all hold a master's or bachelor's degree, they have extensive experience in creating nurturing surroundings that kindle curiosity and boost learning.
- Social and emotional growth. Your child will make social, academic, and physical connections to school, while creating long-lasting social relationships with peers.
More about Stepping Stones curriculum:
Inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach, we foster critical thinking skills, as well as social and emotional growth in a guided discovery-based setting that helps prepare children for kindergarten.
Activities and exploration will be provided in: music, STEM/science, art, cooking, computers, math literacy kills, social skills, literacy activities, problem solving, cooperative activities, indoor and outdoor play times, large muscle activities, fine motor skills, and dramatic play. We also offer:
- Field trips.
- Natural outdoor playscapes.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- A transition and introduction into the elementary school.
Stepping Stones 2019-20 Tuition Information:
- Full Year - $1,010/month
- School Year - $1,045/month
Tuition is a yearly total divided into equal monthly payments for your convenience. Once enrolled, any change to your contract may affect this monthly payment. Please note: Prices are subject to change, please call our office for the most accurate tuition information: 952-988-5000.
Once your registration is confirmed, you are able to withdraw by July 1, 2019 and receive a credit of your deposit. Please note: Your $30 registration fee is non-refundable. No refund will occur after the July 1 deadline. Once school has begun, provide us with a 30 day notice and we will apply your deposit to your tuition balance at that time. If less than 30 days is given, your deposit is forfeited. If your family chooses the full year Stepping Stones preschool option, the monthly fee is calculated to include two weeks of vacation as a credit, as long as your preschooler continually attends Stepping Stones from September to August.
- Gatewood Stepping Stones, 14900 Gatewood Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55345
- Tanglen Stepping Stones, 10901 Hillside Lane, Minnetonka 55305
- Meadowbrook Stepping Stones, 5430 Glenwood Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Please call our office at 952-988-5000 or email Kathy Willett, preschool programs supervisor: Kathy.Willett@HopkinsSchools.org.