Explore Kindergarten Virtual Adventure
About this Virtual Adventure
This online adventure will allow interested families and their scholars to virtually walk through a day in the life of a Hopkins kindergartener through interactive videos and activities. We will share information about our amazing schools, programs, and how to enroll at Hopkins.
- Join us for a lesson in reading and counting in an Alice Smith Elementary kindergarten classroom.
- Get moving and grooving in a fun Phy Ed dance party with Glen Lake Elementary's own DJ Jazzy Jeff!
- Explore the Gatewood Greenhouse and learn about the science of plants at Gatewood Elementary.
- Make friends at Meadowbrook Elementary and hear from our present kindergartners about their favorite parts of kindergarten as you join them for lunch and recess.
- Learn to greet your friends in multiple languages at Eisenhower Elementary's XinXing Academy and Spanish Immersion programs.
- Take a tour through Tanglen Elementary's kindergarten classrooms and walk their amazing sensory path!
- Take a sneak-peak into the offerings of online and blended learning through VirtualEDU.
Looking for tips and resources to help you and your child get ready for Kindergarten?
Join us in May at your child's soon-to-be school for Kindergarten Bridge! This event will include a brief discussion with your school's principal, kindergarten teachers, and Early Childhood staff about you school's routine, kindergarten readiness strategies, and activities that you can do together with your child over the summer to prepare you and your kindergartener for the first day of school. During the discussion, incoming kindergarteners will have the opportunity to play with other children and possibly explore a kindergarten classroom.