Welcome to kindergarten at Hopkins Public Schools! We encourage young learners to pursue their interests, find their purpose, and discover their talents.
In Hopkins, we believe in creating a better world by inspiring all students to reach their full potential. When students feel heard, seen and valued, they can do their very best work.
We are excited to partner with you and your upcoming kindergartner. We invite you to a series of year-before-kindergarten events designed to help your family get to know your school community and learn more about Hopkins Public Schools, our amazing schools, and our kindergarten program — which is centered around your child's academic, social, and emotional success.
Hopkins Kindergarten Option Highlights
- All-day kindergarten with Spanish curriculum at 6 elementary schools in Golden Valley, Hopkins, and Minnetonka.
- Chinese immersion kindergarten located at Eisenhower Elementary.
- Spanish immersion kindergarten located at Alice Smith Elementary and Eisenhower Elementary.
- Outdoor Immersion kindergarten at Gatewood Elementary
- Online project-based learning at VirtualEDU
- Kindergarten Information Night - Nov. 16, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Virtual Language Immersion Kindergarten Information Session - Nov. 30, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Registration Help - Extended Hours
- Kindergarten Roundup Events - Feb. 2024
- Kindergarten Bridge Events - May 2024
- Kindergarten Playground Nights - Aug. 2024
- WATCH: Explore Hopkins Kindergarten!