Our two junior highs provide students with a globally relevant and enriched education.
Welcome to the exceptional middle-level education our Hopkins junior high schools offer. Both Hopkins North Junior High and West Junior High are International Baccalaureate World Schools, as well as nationally recognized as schools of academic excellence. At our junior high schools, you will find caring and dedicated teachers committed to the unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of your 7th-9th grader.
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Program (MYP) is the framework the junior highs use to deliver curriculum. It's a fully inclusive, school-wide, international education model that provides students with the tools needed to be global citizens.
More highlights of the Hopkins Junior High Program
- Award-winning music programs: band, orchestra, and choir
- Pre-Advanced Placement strategies embedded in core curriculum
- Exploratory courses such as debate, advanced composition, engineering, theater, movie making, technology, and more
- Gifted and Talented Services with emphasis on science, math, and the humanities
- Honors classes in 9th grade
- Increased rigor with our Flex courses in English, Science, and Social Studies in 7th-8th grade
Juntos Spanish Immersion at North Junior High
- XinXing Chinese Immersion at West Junior High
- World Languages: French, German, and Spanish
- Digital learning
- A variety of out-of-school-time sports and enrichment opportunities
Additionally, we offer a pre-Advanced Placement (AP) development program for all junior high students.