The Hopkins Difference
The mission of Hopkins High School is to ensure all students graduate with the skills necessary for postsecondary success. Because of our innovative approach to education, colleges consistently tell us Hopkins graduates are extremely well prepared.
Hopkins High School serves students in grades 10, 11, and 12 in a comprehensive program designed for students with differing passions and dreams. We understand that every student is unique, and every path to success looks different. At Hopkins we are committed to helping all students reach their potential and beyond. We have high expectations for our students, and it is our responsibility to make sure students are capable of being the best versions of themselves. There is no doubt that high school is the last step in preparing your child to become a responsible adult and citizen. We give them the opportunity to know themselves, and they are more focused when they enter postsecondary education or the workforce, simply because of their many experiences at Hopkins High School.
We are proud of our alumni who have carved creative paths to success. Our graduates have moved on to become politicians, musicians, professional athletes and Olympians, Pulitzer-prize winning authors, and even stars of the hit show "The Voice."
Hopkins High School is a place where all students belong, shine, and can find themselves.
The Royal Experience
What sets Hopkins High School apart is our innovative four-block program. Classes meet for 88 minutes, five times a week, which allows for in-depth learning of topics and 16 credit opportunities each year. The investment in this program is evident in our numbers:
- One of the most extensive Advanced Placement programs in the state – Over 20 AP courses offered to high school students across all subject areas.
- One of the few schools to offer six levels of world language.
- ACT scores higher than national and state average.
- Real-world learning through internships, mentorships, and community involvement.
- More than 250 courses to choose from, which has given Hopkins High School a national reputation for excellence in education.
- Over 40 student clubs to join.
- About 70 percent of all secondary students are involved in our award-winning arts programs – music, art, or theater.
- National reputation for extensive choices in learning experiences.
- Niche.com ranked Hopkins High School in the top ten for 2017 Best School District in America.
- Hopkins High School was ranked a Silver Medalist School by U.S. News & World Report in 2016. It also received this ranking in 2014, 2013, and 2012.
- Hopkins High School was named a Grammy Signature School semi-finalist in 2014.
- Hopkins High School was named one of "America's Most Challenging Schools" by Washington Post in 2013 and 2014.