The Hopkins Foundation
Your child's elementary years are the basis for how they will learn throughout the rest of their lives. From their very first day of school, Hopkins students are immersed in a learning environment that is responsive, academically rigorous, and supportive. Our six elementary schools serve students in preschool through sixth-grade.
Beyond the basic skills of literacy, math, sciences, social studies, physical education, and the arts, individual student needs are important. We meet those needs through:
- Spanish (Juntos) and Chinese (XinXing Academy) language immersion
- Hopkins Gifted & Talented (programming starting as early as kindergarten)
- STEM curriculum and a technology-rich learning environment
- Orchestra and band
- Special education
- English Language Learners (ELL) programming
- Other support systems—nurses, guidance counselors, and social workers
Hopkins places a priority on world language and STEM to set students up with the skill necessary to navigate and be successful in the 21st century.
Outside of the classroom, there are countless opportunities to explore new passions through our Community Education Youth Programs. Drama, chess, a variety of sports, video game design, engineering, and arts are just a few of the topics that are available in your child's school. Children learn better when they are engaged and physically active, and our out-of-school-time programs offer those opportunities.