Leading the Way with Technology
The Hopkins Public School District has a rich history of using technology to personalize, enhance, and transform education. Robust digital learning environments are found in all of our classrooms, from preschool through high school.
- All Hopkins classrooms are equipped with ActivBoards, which turns whiteboards into touch sensitive versions of the connected computer screen.
- To manage the ever-changing technology landscape, Hopkins has 10 technology integration specialists who help teachers use powerful technology.
- The secondary program is enriched by dynamic learning experiences provided by a 1:1 iPad program in grade levels 6-9, and a 1:1 Chromebook program at Hopkins High School.
- There are opportunities for Hopkins teachers to become Google Certified.
- Voice amplification systems ensure that all students can hear the instructor, regardless of where they are sitting in the room.
We know that technology is always evolving, so we partner with corporations, universities, and our neighboring school districts to learn, share, and improve, never forgetting that our mission is to provide the best instruction possible for our students.
- Numerous teachers participate in HopDina, a technology collaboration between Hopkins, Edina, and Hamline University.
- The Google App Hive connects pockets of innovation in different school districts.
- Thanks to our partnership with Hennepin County Library all Hopkins students have an active library card and access to all of the digital resources from the Hennepin County Library.