- About Us
- School Finder
- Alice Smith Elementary
- Eisenhower Elementary
- Gatewood Elementary
- Glen Lake Elementary
- Harley Hopkins Family Center
- L. H. Tanglen Elementary
- Meadowbrook Elementary
- XinXing Academy
- Hopkins North Junior High
- Hopkins West Junior High
- Hopkins High School
- Transition Plus Program
- Partner Schools
- Childcare & Preschool
- Credit by Assessment
- Enrollment & Registration
- Moodle Login
- HCC: One Voice (Chemical Awareness)
- Infinite Campus Portal Login
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Kindergarten Options
- Lunch Payment
- Online Safety Tips
- Spirit Shop
- School Closing Information
- Staff Directory
- Administrative Services
- Athletics & Activities
- Business Services
- Buildings & Grounds
- Communications & Public Relations
- Counseling Services
- English Language Learners
- Interpreters & Translations
- Facility Rental
- Food Services—Student Nutrition
- Health Services
- Human Resources
- KHOP Television
- School Board
- Special Services
- Teaching, Learning, & Assessment
- Technology & Media
- District News
- District Calendars
- Community Education
Empty Bowls raises $81,400 for ICA Food Shelf and Resource West
Empty Bowls fundraiser for local foodshelves — March 11, 2014
Join us for the 16th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser to support the ICE Foodshelf and ResourceWest. Choose your favorite handmade soup bowl, eat a simple meal of donated soup and bread, enjoy a variety of musical entertainment, and make a generous free will donation.
Make a donation to the 2014 Empty Bowls fundraiser online, click here.
Are there hungry people in our community?
- ICA Food Shelf food assists have increased by 80% since 2008.
- ResourceWest connected over 10,000 area residents to resources in 2011 and distributed 1,300 Second Harvest food packages and 200 emergency food bags.
How can I help?
- Be a sponsor in the SUPERVALU Challenge! Decide your sponsorship level, donate online or mail by March 1, and be recognized on all print materials at the event. Sponsors of $250+ will have their logo prominently displayed.
- Make a ceramic or felt bowl in a Hopkins Community Education class.
- Be an in-kind sponsor of soup, bread, coffee, and other needed items.
- Volunteer at the event.
- Artists can donate a fine art bowl or hunger-related art for the silent auction.
- Musicians can donate their time and talent by entertaining at the event.
- Schools can include hunger issues in the curriculum, bowl making in art classes, promotional poster design in art and tech classes; students and staff can help serve soup or perform at the event.
If you would like to participate in this community event, contact Barb Westmoreland at 952-988-4069 or email.
2013 Empty Bowls Event
We want to thank you for mixing in your “special ingredients” to make
our 15th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser for ResourceWest and ICA Food
Shelf a great success. March 12 was a wonderful day with people of all
ages coming together at Hopkins Center for the Arts.
Our Recipe to fill Empty Bowls in our Community:
• 1,220 bowls created by our students, staff, and community potters
• 32 Hopkins Schools art, music, and elementary teachers
• 289 volunteers and 453 entertainers of all ages
• 69 artist bowls & fine art for the silent auction
• 1,480 servings of soup and bread
• 41 sponsors of in-kind services
Mix well together and the yield will be $81,400 including the $67,695 Challenge to the Community Fund
sponsored by SUPERVALU and CHOICES FOR CHILDREN/ACCRA CARE and 159 business, civic, congregation, school, and community leaders.
Proceeds will assist our local families through the services of
ICA Food Shelf and ResourceWest.
Thank you for ensuring that no one’s bowl goes empty in our community.
2013 Empty Bowls Community Co-Chairs
Superintendent John Schultz
Hopkins Mayor Gene Maxwell
Minnetonka Mayor Terry Schneider